[MSTA ] These look good for the biology and Middle school teachers on the list.

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 18:32:51 CST 2012

Hands-on Activities for Teaching Biology to High School or Middle School
Students

by Drs. Ingrid Waldron and Jennifer Doherty, University of Pennsylvania

The expression "*hands-on, minds-on*" summarizes the philosophy we have
incorporated in these activities -- namely, that *students will learn best
if they are actively engaged and if their activities are closely linked to
understanding important biological concepts*. For example, it is helpful to
use hands-on models to engage student interest and foster multiple modality
learning, but it is crucial to closely link the modeling activity to
student understanding of the actual biological processes. To accommodate
limited budgets, most of our activities can be carried out with minimum
equipment and expense for supplies.
Read More <http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/waldron>

*Additional resources for teaching biology* are available at
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/bioactivities.  These teaching
resources include discussion activities, games, web-based activities and
overviews of important biological topics, including major concepts, common
misconceptions, and suggested learning activities.
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/sci_edu/waldron/