[MSTA ] iPad Apps some ideas for a one iPad Classroom

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:03:45 CDT 2012

 Only 1 iPad in the
Classroom?<http://eskymaclj.blogspot.com/2012/02/only-1-ipad-in-classroom.html>

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ekHk4zi7Ii0/TygP-YnSx2I/AAAAAAAAA04/zllFTU88uFM/s1600/Screen+shot+2012-01-31+at+10.56.41+AM.png>
[for ELA/Reading specific apps and ideas, see Reading on the
iPad<http://eskymaclj.blogspot.com/2012/03/reading-on-ipad-6-elements-of.html>
]* *

*Is only one iPad in a classroom worth it?* This question keeps reappearing
on the EC Ning and in other blog spaces.

The answer is easy: YES, especially if the teacher has access to a Mac
desktop or (preferably) laptop and a wifi network in the classroom.  It is
an even larger YES if the Mac device has the most current operating
system.  Having a computer to which the iPad can sync is not absolutely
necessary, but it is a Best Idea.  If you are not feeling confident, get
your IT person or another teacher to help you out with setup.  I am focused
here on *apps* to install for MS and HS - and then what to do with them.
Here is a recent post from an elementary teacher called "Teaching in the
one-iPad Classroom<http://thinkshareteach.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaching-in-one-ipad-classroom.html>"
that will help k-5 teachers
 http://eskymaclj.blogspot.com/2012/02/only-1-ipad-in-classroom.html