[MSTA ] Frozen Planet - 7 Resources Beyond Discovery

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 20:23:08 CDT 2012

 Frozen Planet - 7 Resources Beyond
Discovery<http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2012/03/frozen-planet-7-resources-beyond.html>

I just watched the premiere of Discovery's new series Frozen
Planet<http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/frozen-planet/>.
In fact, I watched it at Discovery's headquarters then came back to my
hotel room and watched part of it on television again. As I was watching
Discovery had a pop-up on the television screen directing me to
Discovery.com/frozenplanet <http://discovery.com/frozenplanet> for behind
the scenes information and more. I was hoping to find a lot of useful
classroom materials at that site, but I didn't. There are two neat
infographics <http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/frozen-planet/infographics.html>and
a nice set of reference pages about the
animals<http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/frozen-planet/animals-of-frozen-planet.html>
in
each episode, but beyond that there isn't much more than video clips. So I
decided to write a round-up some of the resources about the Arctic and
Antarctic regions that I've found over the years.

http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2012/03/frozen-planet-7-resources-beyond.html