[MSTA ] A Calming tool for Special needs children in class.

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:36:18 CDT 2012

 Calming Tool My kids have special needs and they always need some sort of
tool to keep calm or to get to a calm "place".  This was my solution.  I
saw something similar on Pinterest.

I used a LifeWater bottle (label removed), water, food coloring, and
glitter.  Simply mix it all together.  I also added a layer of glue under
the cap - that purpose is pretty clear - I don't want the kids to take the
covers off.

When they feel they are about to lose control - they simply shake the
bottle and watch the glitter spin etc... When the glitter is done they go
back to their activities.  If they don't feel calm when the glitter has
stopped, they shake it up again.

This is what it looks like when they have been shaken...

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kdBm2V8Cv1A/TxyGaKz3MGI/AAAAAAAACw8/YRsV6Q7ZDsU/s1600/DSC_0180a.jpg>

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IA-fCitwlmE/TxyGd1xJi4I/AAAAAAAACxE/rCOW5dV_lhc/s1600/DSC_0181.jpg>

And they watch it until it settles down and looks like this...
http://www.thestuffofsuccess.com/2012/02/calming-tool.html