[MSTA ] Middle and High School Teachers NSTA's New Science teachers Academy

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 21:48:32 CDT 2013

*NSTA'S NEW SCIENCE TEACHERS ACADEMY*

Are you a middle- or high-school science teacher in your 2nd through 5th year
of teaching? Do you spend at least half of your time in the classroom? If
so, you should consider applying to participate in the 2013-14 NSTA New
Science Teacher Academy, a yearlong professional development and mentoring
program.

A previous fellow of the program writes:

“All in all, the experience has been professionally invaluable. I might
even go as far as to say life changing--since the experiences and benefits
from this opportunity have altered my professional pathway. I want to thank
all of those who worked so hard to make the New Science Teacher Academy the
amazing opportunity that it was.”

The National Science Teachers Association recognizes that new teachers’
performance and confidence is enhanced with professional development,
engagement with like-minded peers, and solid professional mentoring.

To that end, NSTA and sponsoring corporations established the New Science
Teacher Academy, a program that fills those needs.

*Academy Fellow Benefits*:

   - All-expense-paid (accommodations, airfare, meals, and registration
   fees) trip to the NSTA National Conference on Science Education
   - Full membership in the National Science Teachers Association
   - Access to facilitated, web-based curriculum devoted to content and
   classroom pedagogy
   - Professional development web seminars conducted by leaders in science
   education
   - E-mentoring from experts in the Fellow’s science discipline and grade
   level
   - Attendance at a Professional Development Institute or a Research
   Dissemination Conference

Visit www.nsta.org/academy<http://www.mmsend53.com/link.cfm?r=996904466&sid=25934162&m=2838510&u=NSTA&j=14587168&s=http://www.nsta.org/academy>
learn more or to apply. If you are not eligible to apply, but know a
colleague who is, please feel free to forward this opportunity to them.

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which
they can learn. -- Albert Einstein