[MSTA ] Fwd: Student video contest on population--spread the word to Mississippi science teachers

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 19:47:14 CDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: World of 7 Billion <World at populationconnection.org>
Date: Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Subject: Student video contest on population--spread the word to
Mississippi science teachers
To: "deb50duncan at gmail.com" <deb50duncan at gmail.com>

Hello Deborah,****

I was wondering if you would be willing to help spread the world to
Mississippi science teachers about the “World of 7 Billion” video contest
that is going on this school year. The contest is hosted by the Education
Program at Population Connection, a Washington, DC based non-profit focused
on educating today’s youth about our growing human population. If possible,
it would be great to have a blurb included in your next science association
newsletter, posted on your website, sent out on your ListServ, or included
in any other teacher outreach.****

The contest is open to all high school students worldwide and the deadline
for submission is February 21st, 2014. We’re hoping that by giving teaching
so much lead time they’ll be able to incorporate the contest into their
syllabi.****

I’ve pasted a short blurb below, in case you are open to sharing this
information. Feel free to edit it as you see fit, or let me know if you’d
like me to provide a different length or twist. ****

Thank you for your help!****

Sincerely,****

Amanda Frank****

Population Education Fellow****

World of 7 Billion: www.Worldof7Billion.org****

Population Connection: www.PopulationEducation.org****

** **

*World of 7 Billion* Video Contest****

Bring technology and creativity into your high school science classes by
incorporating the World of 7 Billion video contest into your syllabi.
Challenge your students to create a short (60 seconds or less)
video illustrating the connection between world population at 7 billion and
one of the following: climate change, global poverty, or water
sustainability. Students can win up to $1,000 and their teachers will
receive free curriculum resources. The contest deadline is February 21,
2014. Full contest guidelines, resources for research, past winners, and
more can be found at www.Worldof7Billion.org<http://www.worldof7billion.org/>.
 ****

** **

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which
they can learn. -- Albert Einstein