[MSTA ] Fwd: MUW summer science/math workshops

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Tue May 7 14:07:36 CDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kenneth Langley <KLangley at as.muw.edu>
Date: Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Subject: MUW summer science/math workshops
To: Kenneth Langley <KLangley at as.muw.edu>

Greetings.

The Science Enrichment Program at MUW will hold three workshops this summer
in science and math.  All sessions will feature expert instructors and lots
of fun, hands-on activities and demonstrations.  Please see program details
below.

The Earth and Beyond
Geology, Atmospheric Science, and Astronomy
June 3 - 7  2013
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Plymouth Bluff Center
4th-8th grade students
*Bonus Backyard Astronomy session that Thursday (6/6) night @ 7:30 p.m.
(not mandatory for participants)
Instructors:  Mark Baldwin, Athena Nagel, David Teske

Ecologies of Mississippi and the Deep South
Ecology, Forests, Aquatics, Insects, Wildlife Biology & Mammals, Human
Impacts
June 10 - 14  2013
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Plymouth Bluff Center
4th-8th grade students
Instructors:  Nicole Welch, Jessica Tegt, Jennifer Seltzer, Nevena Martin

More Fun with Fractions
Mastering Fractions in the New Common Core
July 8 - 12  2013
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
216 Parkinson Hall
3rd-5th grade students
Instructor:  Bonnie Oppenheimer

To register, complete our summer application packet:
http://web2.muw.edu/images/college_of_arts_sciences/sciences_mathematics/SEP/forms/Youth_Health_Form.pdf
and fax or mail it to us (info. on forms and website).  If multiple
sessions are requested, students will get their top choice first, if seats
are still available.  They will be placed on the alternate list for their
second and third choices.  Seats will fill on a first-come-first-serve
basis.  If all seats are taken, students will be placed on an alternate
list in case of cancellations.

In terms of what to expect for workshops at Plymouth Bluff, please read our
General Information section for details:
http://web2.muw.edu/index.php/en/sep-general-information.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.  We hope to see you this
summer!

Regards,

Kenny Langley
MUW Science Enrichment Program