[MSTA ] Fwd: FW: Renewable Energy Day

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:32:10 CDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
ivan at prcc.edu>, Deborah Duncan <deb50duncan at gmail.com>, Brandi Herrington <
bherrington at starkville.k12.ms.us>, Bobby Robinson <
brobinson at madison-schools.com>, Peggy Carlisle <

From: Gayle Sims >
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM
To: Madison Schools >
Subject: RE: Renewable Energy Day

Primarily elementary and middle school. We issue an open invitation to
schools and then register them on a first come basis until we are full. We
get maybe 2 to 3 high school groups, not many.

Thanks!!
Mississippi Development Authority, over 900 elementary and secondary
students are in attendance. Students visit learning stations with their
teachers and volunteer escorts; these stations are conducted by various
agencies, non-profits and other institutions and companies.

As a presenter, you will prepare a 10 to 12 minute basic presentation on
wind energy; presentations that are interactive and involve the students
are most useful. We will provide the source materials and other related
information. The presenter must be flexible and adapt their presentation
for both elementary and middle school groups. You can expect to see between
8 to 9 groups of students. You should plan to arrive by 8 am the day of the
event, set-up your station with presentations beginning around 9 am and
concluding shortly before noon. An educational stipend, along with a
continental breakfast, lunch, a t-shirt are provided. Please contact Gayle
Sims at gsims at mississippi.org or 601.359.6612 for additional information.