[MSTA ] Fwd: PD with scholarship

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:21:13 CDT 2014

Subject: $1000 Scholarships for Amazon Rainforest PD Workshop

Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest + Machu Picchu
The July 1-11, 2015 Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest of Peru is a
cross-curricular professional development workshop for K-12 formal and
informal educators to learn and use:
21st Century Instruction:  5E Lesson Design ~ Inquiry-Based Exploration ~
STEM
Inquiry Protocols & Resources:  Project Learning Tree ~ Cornell Lab of
Ornithology ~ & More!
Global and Cultural Perspectives:  Service Learning ~ Sustainability ~
Global Education
Join Al Stenstrup, Project Learning Tree (PLT); Lilly Briggs (Cornell Lab
of Ornithology), Christa Dillabaugh, Amazon Rainforest Workshops; and Dr.
David Pearson, Wildlife Travellers’ Guide to Peru; and work side-by-side
with scientists Dr. Steve Madigosky, Widener University; and Randy Morgan,
Curator/Entomologist, Cincinnati Zoo as you:
Participate in citizen science projects and inquiry based field studies on
a 1/4-mile Rainforest Canopy Walkway in one of the most biologically
diverse environments on the planet.
Spend a day in an Amazon village as you explore the complexities of
sustainability and the role of education in creating a sustainable future
for Amazon children.
Work with fellow educators to explore strategies for using the Amazon as a
vehicle for incorporating STEM education, inquiry-based learning, and
sustainability science education into your classroom.
PLT Certification, BirdSleuth resources and 50 ASU PD Hours included.
Academic Credit and Machu Picchu Extension optional.  $1000 scholarship
deadline March 1, 2015.  Program cost is $1240 + air for scholarship
recipients. Space is limited! Register early to secure your spot!

Get the details and download a syllabus and scholarship application at:
http://www.amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy.html

Contact christa at amazonworkshops.com or 1-800-431-2624 for more information.

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which
they can learn. -- Albert Einstein