[MSTA ] Fwd: listserv

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:57:00 CDT 2014

Subject: Online Survey - $50 Amazon.com gift card!

Dear High School Chemistry Teacher,

I am Jordan Harshman, a doctoral student at Miami University working on a
research project with Dr. Ellen Yezierski. We are seeking your beliefs and
practice of using assessment results to inform your chemistry instruction
in the classroom. We understand that as high school teachers your time is
very limited, so we’ve created an instrument that you can take online at
your convenience:

Click to continue to survey:
https://miamioh.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_74FFbf2Prpgl5nn

In order to complete the instrument, you must have taught at least one
chemistry course in the past five academic years. It will take
approximately 15 minutes to complete. All teachers that complete this
online instrument will have the opportunity to enter their name in a
drawing for a *$50 Amazon.com gift card* (one winner will be drawn for
every fifty teachers that complete the survey across the nation, odds 1:50).
This survey link will only be active from *September 29, 2014 to October
31, 2014*
 .

 *If you have already taken this survey, please do not take it again.*

We cannot complete this project without your participation and greatly
appreciate you taking the time to help us out. We also ask that you would
pass this message on to teachers that you know in order to increase our
sample size. Please contact me (harshmjt at miamioh.edu) for any additional
information.

Sincerely,

Jordan Harshman
Doctoral Candidate, Miami University
harshmjt at miamioh.edu
715-205-1419

  Betsy Sullivan, PhD
Madison Central High School
AP Biology, Biomedical Research, Chemistry

 “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they can do.
You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can
achieve.” Mary Kay Ash

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which
they can learn. -- Albert Einstein