[MSTA ] Fwd: Please post or share: Scholarships for K-12 Science Educators // 2015 Educator Academy in the Amazon

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:07:28 CDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christa - Amazon Workshops <christa at amazonworkshops.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Subject: Please post or share: Scholarships for K-12 Science Educators //
2015 Educator Academy in the Amazon
To: Deborah Duncan <deb50duncan at gmail.com>

 Deb

Editor, MSTA Newsletter

In the past, *science association coordinators *from your state have helped
us to spread the word about *scholarships* for our annual Educator Academy
in the Amazon.  Once again, we hope to enlist your support in sharing this
exceptional, out of the box, PD program with K-12 science educators in your
state.  We *THANK YOU* in advance if you can announce this opportunity by
posting it in your newsletter(s), on a web site, via listservs, along with
any social media outlets you may use.

If you have any questions or would like additional information, please
contact me, Christa Dillabaugh. I am the new director of Amazon Rainforest
Workshops and have taken over the reins from Dr. Frances Gatz, whom you may
have been in contact with in the past.

*Please let me know if this message regarding professional development for
educators is useful*, if you need an abbreviated announcement, *or if there
is someone else to whom I should be sending it*. Thank you so much!

Below my signature is a summary for easy posting and sharing as well as an
html email that can be forwarded.  Thank you so much for helping us spread
the word!

Warmest regards,

Christa Dillabaugh

Director, Amazon Rainforest Workshops

1-800-431-2624

Email: christa at amazonworkshops.com <christa at totheamazon.com>

Web:  www.amazonworkshops.com

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

*Subject: $1000 Scholarships for Amazon Rainforest PD Workshop *

*Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest + Machu Picchu*

The July 1-11, 2015 Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest of Peru is a
cross-curricular professional development workshop for K-12 formal and
informal educators to learn and use:

   - *21st Century Instruction: * 5E Lesson
   Design ~ Inquiry-Based Exploration ~ STEM
   - *Inquiry Protocols & Resources:*  Project Learning Tree
   <http://www.plt.org/> ~ Cornell Lab of Ornithology ~ & More!
   - *Global and Cultural Perspectives:  *Service Learning ~ Sustainability
   ~ Global Education

Join Al Stenstrup, Project Learning Tree (PLT); Lilly Briggs (Cornell Lab
of Ornithology), Christa Dillabaugh, Amazon Rainforest Workshops; and Dr.
David Pearson, Wildlife Travellers’ Guide to Peru; and work side-by-side
with scientists Dr. Steve Madigosky, Widener University; and Randy Morgan,
Curator/Entomologist, Cincinnati Zoo as you:

   - Participate in *citizen science projects* and *inquiry based field
   studies* on a 1/4-mile *Rainforest Canopy Walkway *in one of the most
   biologically diverse environments on the planet.
   - Spend *a day in an Amazon village *as you *explore the complexities of
   sustainability *and the role of education in creating a sustainable
   future for Amazon children.
   - *Work with fellow educators *to explore strategies for using the
   Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating STEM education, inquiry-based
   learning, and sustainability science education into your classroom.

PLT Certification, BirdSleuth resources and 50 ASU PD Hours included.
Academic Credit and Machu Picchu Extension optional.  $1000 scholarship
deadline March 1, 2015.  Program cost is $1240 + air for scholarship
recipients. Space is limited! Register early to secure your spot!

 Get the details and download a syllabus and scholarship application at:
http://www.amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy.html

Contact christa at amazonworkshops.com or 1-800-431-2624 for more information.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

*From:* Christa Dillabaugh, Amazon Rainforest Workshops <
christa at amazonworkshops.com>

*Subject:* PD in the Amazon Rainforest + Scholarships Available!
         Registration OPEN for K-12 PD in the Amazon Rainforest!

View this email in your browser
<http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=766ec5fd985b95c4c17265e21&id=b82159bcbf&e=>

           *2015 EDUCATOR ACADEMY IN THE AMAZON *

[image:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/766ec5fd985b95c4c17265e21/images/3593b13d-aedb-4a86-b870-5cd88f4d344f.jpg]

*Registration is OPEN! * *Space is limited to 30 educators!* *Scholarships
Available! *
The July 1-11, 2015 Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest of Peru
<http://www.amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy.html>is a cross-curricular
professional development workshop for K-12 formal and informal educators to
learn and use:

   - *21st Century Instruction:*  5E Lesson
   Design ~ Inquiry-Based Exploration ~ STEM
   - *Inquiry Protocols & Resources:*  Project Learning Tree ~ Cornell Lab
   of Ornithology ~ & More!
   - *Global and Cultural Perspectives:*  Service Learning ~ Sustainability
   ~ Global Education

[image:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/766ec5fd985b95c4c17265e21/images/65622f1b-fe11-4bb3-82e6-4e316c3efedd.jpg]

*New faculty member!*  So excited to let you know that *Dr. David Pearson,*
author of the *Travellers' Wildlife Guide:  Peru* has joined the team!  He
will be in the field with us sharing his expertise and passion for tropical
wildlife and ecology.
*New Curriculum! * *BirdSleuth *is also joining us again in Peru will share
their *BRAND NEW Habitat *

*Connections kit*.  You'll receive training and all the resources as part
of your program fees.  In addition, we are thrilled that the BirdSleuth
team is also going to host a *training for Peruvian educators*!
*Old Friends!*  *Al Stenstrup* from Project Learning Tree is back to
share P*LT's Forests
of the World* curriculum.  It's a perfect way to make local to global
connections with your students.
*Plus* you'll also work with long time Amazon faculty, *Dr. Steve Madigosky*,
Research Director for the Amazon Conservatory for Tropical Studies and *Randy
Morgan*, Curator Emeritus for the Cincinnati Zoo Insectarium.
*Join this dynamic faculty and:*

   - Participate in* citizen science projects *and inquiry based field
   studies on a 1/4-mile *Rainforest Canopy Walkway* in one of the most
   biologically diverse environments on the planet.
   - Spend a day in an *Amazon village* as you explore the
complexities of *sustainability and
   the role of education *in creating a sustainable future for Amazon
   children.
   - *Work with fellow educators to explore strategies* for using the
   Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating *STEM education, inquiry-based
   learning, and sustainability science education* into your classroom.

*Learn more, download the syllabus, and apply for a $1000 scholarship at *
http://www.amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy.htm
<http://www.amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy.html>. Scholarship
Deadline is March 1, 2015.

*Hope to see YOU in the Amazon NEXT summer! *

*Christa Dillabaugh     *          &       *  Dr. Molina (Mo) Walters *
Program Director                                Program Advisor
Amazon Rainforest Workshops             Science Methods (ASU)
christa at amazonworkshops.com
<christa at amazonworkshops.com?subject=2015%20Educator%20Academy%20in%20the%20Amazon%20Inquiry>
1-800-431-2624

*Copyright © 2014 Amazon Rainforest Workshops / EcoTeach, All rights
reserved.*
*Our mailing address is:*

Amazon Rainforest Workshops / EcoTeach

PO Box 604

Poulsbo, WA 98370

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which
they can learn. -- Albert Einstein