[MSTA ] From a NSTA Listserv

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:54:10 CDT 2014

A teacher was posting about using interactive notebooks for Chemistry. Many
of you have talked about this topic so I thought I would re-post this.

I started researching Chemistry INBs this summer and I found the most
amazing site EVER.  Go to: http://www.mychemistryclass.net/notebook.html

Stephanie Farmer has done an amazing job! She has links to everything she
has done with her notebooks for the past 3 years, plus a daily calendar.
I'm so jealous!
She is very generous with her materials. Here is her email to me when I
asked:

Hi Sarah,

I'm so glad it's been helpful! I don't mind if you use materials from my
website, I've borrowed a lot of curriculum too! The only thing I ask is for
people not to copy my coding for my website layout or the images I made. As
far as starting using notebooks, my advice is always to just jump full in
and commit to doing it for an entire year. Keep a notebook where you write
down the things that worked, and the things that didn't so you know what to
change for the next time. Here is a link to some presentations I've given
over the years about notebooks and interactive processing techniques. Maybe
something there will help too?www.mychemistryclass.net/csupresentation.html<
http://www.mychemistryclass.net/csupresentation.html> If you have specific
questions I am happy to help answer them! Hope you have a great start to
the school year!

Sarah L. Guillot Register
Chemistry Teacher
Bay High School

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which
they can learn. -- Albert Einstein