[MSTA ] Fwd: Modeling workshops summer 2015

Deborah Duncan deb50duncan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 09:43:34 CDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gwendolyn Hehemann <gheheman at asu.edu>
Date: Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Subject: Modeling workshops summer 2015
To: Gwendolyn Hehemann <gheheman at asu.edu>

Please share the information on the 2015 Modeling™ workshops with your
science education community.

Thank you in advance.

Please let me know if you are not the correct contact person and I will
remove you from my data base.

Wendy Hehemann

50 Modeling Workshops in high school and middle school sciences will
be offered this summer, in many states. Most workshops are two or
three weeks long. CEUs; optional graduate credit, stipends at
grant-funded sites. Modeling Instruction is research-informed.

Registration is open for all workshops, and they are filling up fast. Please
plan your summer professional development and think about taking a
Modeling Workshop. Ask your school administration to help pay.

Website: http://modelinginstruction.org/workshops-2015
Workshop descriptions: http://www.phystec.org/pd/?set=Modeling

MECHANICS workshops are offered in: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California,
Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan,
New York                        City, Ohio, and Texas (Dallas).

CASTLE electricity: Ohio (no prerequisites!)

CHEMISTRY I: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Maine,
Massachusetts, Michigan, New York City, Ohio, PENNSYLVANIA (new!)

BIOLOGY: California (MUSE), Illinois, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio

PHYSICAL SCIENCE or chem/physics: California, Louisiana, North Carolina,
Ohio

MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE (grades 6 to 8): Arizona, Michigan, New York City

ONE-WEEK INTRO TO MODELING: Maine, Minnesota, North and South Carolina

These Modeling Workshops require a prior Modeling Workshop:
CHEMISTRY II: ASU in Arizona (June 15-26)
CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT in physics & chemistry: OSU in Ohio (June 8-26)
E&M: Illinois (June 15-26) and New York (Buffalo: July 27-Aug. 14)
WAVES & SOUND: ASU in Arizona (June 8-26), Cal Poly (June 15-26)

ABOUT MODELING INSTRUCTION:
Modeling Instruction is designated as an Exemplary K-12 science program and
a Promising Educational Technology program by the U.S. Department of
Education.
Modeling Workshops are peer-led. Content is reorganized around basic models
to increase its structural coherence. Participants are supplied with a
complete set of course materials and work through activities alternately in
roles of student or teacher, as they practice techniques of guided inquiry
and cooperative learning.

--
Wendy Hehemann
gheheman at asu.edu
wendy at modelinginstruction.org
480-854-4764

American Modeling Teachers Association
Workshop and Outreach Coordinator
www.modelinginstruction.org

*Check out the 2015 workshops
at http://modelinginstruction.org/workshops-2015/
<http://modelinginstruction.org/workshops-2015/>*

I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which
they can learn. -- Albert Einstein