[MSTA ] Fwd: Update on the NSTA 2020 National Conference on Science Education

ssmith54 at aol.com ssmith54 at aol.com
Wed Mar 11 20:25:24 CDT 2020

  Sheila SmithNSTA District VII Director, 2017-2020   -----Original Message-----
From: NSTA <pleasedonotreply2 at minime.nsta.org>
To: ssmith54 <ssmith54 at aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Mar 11, 2020 1:03 pm
Subject: Update on the NSTA 2020 National Conference on Science Education

Do you want to see this message optimized for your mobile device? Click here to view it in your browser.

|  |
| Update on the NSTA 2020 National Conference on Science Education |
| Due to the increasing health concerns and escalating developments that have occurred over the last several days regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including the state of emergency declared in Massachusetts less than 24 hours ago, the NSTA Board of Directors voted unanimously that a face-to-face meeting in Boston on April 2–5, 2020 will no longer take place. NSTA staff are thoughtfully exploring options for a future event and will provide an update once a final decision has been made.  As the largest education organization in the world dedicated to the teaching and learning of science, we adhere to the facts involved, including following precautionary measures issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As difficult as this decision is, the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, presenters, volunteers, and staff remain our top priority.  We want to thank everyone—NSTA members, registered attendees, exhibitors, session presenters, featured speakers, volunteers, and partners—for your patience over the last few weeks as we monitored the situation and tried to make the most informed decision in the interest of all of our stakeholders.  We ask for your continued patience and understanding as staff work through all the commitments and logistical issues, including individual registration refund requests, associated with organizing a large conference. We will be in touch soon with our plans moving forward. In the meantime, please cancel any travel arrangements that have been made, including hotel and airline reservations.   |

|  Follow Us:       |  |  |  |